Sunday, July 25, 2010

Book Cover

This weekend I've been working on a book cover for the ATC lessons I am going to with Kelsey O'Mullane. (I didn't get a chance to go to her Rinse Aid resist lesson and therefore didn't make a cover for the technique book that Kelsey gets her students to compile.)



The cover measures approximately 20 x 15cm.

I started with a blank piece of A4 copy paper and spritzed with Glimmer Mist in 'Choc, Covered Cherries' and 'Midnight Blue', I sprayed a little water over the top before crumpling the paper up whilst it was still wet. (This creates lines of weakness where the glimmer mist penetrates easier and becomes darker, creating a 'crack' like appearance.) I then carefully opened the crumpled paper so it would not tear and dried it off using a heat gun.
The stamp is one of Michelle Ward's, stamped twice using Stazon Jet Black and Timber Brown. the 'D' rings and corners are all Tim Holtz Idea-ology products. The clasp is cut from Grunge paper using one of Tim Holtz's Harware Findings die. The Mocha coloured metal on the spine, I got from Scraptivate, embossed and then sanded to have the silver meatllic colour come through on the raised pattern, before lightly dabbing it with the Stazon Jet black stamp pad.

I have used the same coloured Glimmer Mists on the piece of gauze and used Ranger Distress Crackle Paint in 'Weathered Wood', on a rectangular piece of Grunge paper to glue the key to, before wrapping rayon thread around it as a highlight. All edges are a mixture of Plaid Folk Art Metallics in Antique Copper and Sahara Gold, which I have applied roughly with the tip of my finger and when it has dried I have dragged the Stazon Jet Black stamp Pad across the edges also.
The blue ribbon and Kaiser Rhinestones are the finishing touches.

Happy Crafting
Sonia :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment