Monday, July 19, 2010

Tags

This week I have been playing with the new Tim Holtz die cutter "Tattered Florals". I have used the technique from Tim's 12 tags of Christmas (look on his blog) to make the 2D flowers into 3D roses. All of the following tags have started off as plain yellow post tags.

Red Rose Tag

This has started with the 'Swipe' technique. I have sprayed several Ranger Adirondak colours onto a craft sheet and dropped and twisted the tag over the top. I have dried this off with a heat gun and then used some diluted bleach to create areas of lighter shades. I have then spritzed with Moon Shadow Mist in 'Bucket O'Blood Red'. (Don't you just love the name!!) This is a walnut based stain with the lovely red glimmer to it. I have then edged the entire piece by rubbing in with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and when this has dried I have used Golden Iridescent Gold on the tip of my finger to create the edge of gold. The rose is painted using a combination of FolkArt Metallics with a drop of Aged Mahogany Ink thrown in to intensify the colour. I have then run this through the cuttlebug and assembled the rose according to Tim's instructions. I have used several trims along with a cuttlebug die for the final design. The small loops and twists are made out of small strips of Grunge Paper which I have painted all over using Golden Iridescent Gold and then glued into loops and twisted, before tucking under the rose in the final design. A small vine patterned strip of German scrap at the bottom and a bead trim along the bottom finish the tag. I have glued another tag to the back of this once everything has dried, just to neaten the finish.

Blue Butterfly Tag

This tag was first coloured using the 'Swipe' technique again, but this time I have dabbed Distress Ink in Denim and a touch of Aged Mahogany into a craft sheet and spritzed with water before dropping and twisting the tag onto the top. I have dried this off with a heat gun and then stamped over the top using one of Tim Holtz's stamps in Denim and another in Pearlescent Paint in Pink (you can't see this in the photo). I have then covered the tag with UTEE and heated with a heat gun to melt and fix to the tag. I have edged the piece using Denim Distress Ink and then used my finger dipped in Golden Iridescent Silver to crate the silver edging all around.
For the design, I have glued a light pink rayon ribbon across the bottom and glued a light pink bead trim to the bottom edge of the tag. The 'swirl' is from the Collections range, which I have painted using the same pearlescent paint I have used in the background. The silver webbing and leaves were glued into position before the flower was attached using the brad. Once again I have glued another tag to the back to neaten the finish.

Blue Rose Tag

This tag have pretty much followed the same techniques at listed above. the leaves have been made out of Angelina Film heated and then cut out using a leaf shaped punch. The rose hase been painted using Distress Crackle paint in Picket Fence and then rubbed with Denim Distress Ink and edged with Golden Iridescent Silver paint.
My next post will be tags using Tim Holtz's Caged Bird die.
Happy crafting. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow they look amazing! You are so talented! Great to catch up again today as ladies of leisure! :) I'm lovin' it already, after one day! See you soon! Melxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you happy to have your blog site put on my facebook page?
    Dale
    PS Am still getting over the chilly chocolate on Monday. MMMM
    Love the tags
    Dale

    ReplyDelete